Today I'm just going to pass along a cool and creamy treat I came across awhile ago, Frozen Hot Chocolate. My hubby loves it, and it's relatively uncomplicated. It's cool, creamy, and satisfying. A nice frosty treat for a warm spring evening. Enjoy!
Frozen Hot Chocolate (original recipe found here)
- 3 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 package Hot Cocoa Mix (about 3 Tablespoons)
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- ⅓ cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ⅓ cups White Chocolate Chips
- 12 ounces, fluid Can Evaporated Milk, Divided
- 4-½ cups Ice
- Whipped Cream, To Taste
- Mini Marshmallows, To Taste
Combine sugar, cocoa mix, and butter in the top of a double boiler that is set over gently boiling water. Stir often until melted and a smooth paste forms. Add semi-sweet & white chocolate chips; stir. When chips begin to melt, slowly stir in 1/2 cup of evaporated milk. Stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
Combine the chocolate base mixture, the remaining evaporated milk and ice in a blender (you can do this in batches) and cover. Blend until smooth. Pour into frosty glasses. Top each with whipped cream. Sprinkle with additional chopped chocolate chips & mini marshmallows, if desired.