Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Good Ol' Pasghetti and Meatballs


Ok, so I really am not crazy about meatballs. I mean, I'd rather have my meat as ground beef than a solid meaty mass. And up until now, I really didn't like Spaghetti and Meatballs. I was into the whole ground beef in the sauce thing. That's how my mom always made it, and that's how I liked it. But, my husband was lamenting the last time we had spaghetti how he really missed the meatballs. Cuz that's how his mom used to make it. So, (to celebrate the last weekend of Wrestling Season Widowhood!) I surprised him with Spaghetti and Meatballs when he got home last Saturday night.


OH my.


Oh my, oh my, oh my.


Meatballs, where have you been all my life?


They were astounding. Life altering. DE-licious. And the smell. My house smelled amazing...simmering tomato and basil, parmesan, garlic, meatballs...groan. I don't think I can ever make normal spaghetti again. Don't get me wrong, it's still good, but this...this is priceless.

Check it out. Try it. Trust me, you will love it.
One small side note- I had to add quite a bit of extra salt to the sauce to get it to my taste, so just taste and season as you go. I also used basil instead of parsley, because I just love basil in my spaghetti, and left out the red pepper flakes.

The Pioneer Woman's Spaghetti and Meatballs

No comments:

Post a Comment