Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Photoshop Craze

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I just recently discovered that my husband has Photoshop on his desktop. I was rather excited. I also came into a nicer camera than what we had before. Our brother-in-law gave us his old Canon Powershot. It's not my dream camera, but it's a significant step up from the Kodak. I have always been really interested in photography, even when I was little. When my dad was in college he had a camera and a darkroom, and I was always fascinated with the idea of really good photography. I was in 4H photography too, and that helped me learn a few basics. When I was in highschool I bought my first camera, a Minolta Freedom Zoom. I think I bought it for around $200. I saved up for a long time for it. It was a great camera, but of course it was film, so in the age of digital photography it's kind of lost it's usefulness. Now I'm saving for my Nikon, but I figure while I wait I may as well start getting familiar with Photoshop. Here are a few of my experiments so far. Let me tell you, I have a loooot to learn. Mostly I just pushed buttons and ran actions until it ended up looking how I wanted. But, in time I hope to get a lot better. I am sure enjoying it! I just can't wait until I have a really trully great camera to work with...

This is my beautiful niece. She's four. She was my model on Sunday. The kid's a natural. All I did was ask to take pictures with her and she started picking spots to sit and posing.




Isn't she gorgeous?

And this is her little brother. He's my baby. I just can't get enough of him and his big blue eyes!!



This is my nephew (on my husband's side.) I just had this one picture of him, and he has such great blue eyes that I really had fun messing around with it. He sure is a cutie : )



This is our beagle puppy, Beaker. He looks a lot more innocent than he really is.

Here are a few nature photos. I feel like portraits are easier to do. I'm gonna have to work on taking nature pictures.


One of my friends actually took this picture, I just edited it. It was taken in Colorado.


Here are a few from our honeymoon.



And here's my very favorite picture of all time. It's my handsome devil of a husband. Man I married a looker.

No comments:

Post a Comment