Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Relaxation Technique


I discovered something today. I was having a rough day, the kind of day that is so bad that it gets to the hysterically funny point and all you can do is laugh...really hard. Anyway, in the midst of this challenging day, I realized that I kept thinking about how much I wanted to go home and cook supper. And, specifically, how much I wanted to saute. Onions. Saute onions. It just sounded so soothing. I just kept imagining myself melting and stirring and frying and how utterly delicious it would be. So, the day finally ended, and I made it home to my safe, sweet little bungalow, and I melted some butter and sauteed some onions. Sigh. I think it just has something to do with the comfort of home. Of that beautiful, buttery smell, the gentle sizzle and pop, the methodical stirring. It's just nice. Or maybe it's just because the onions give you an excuse to cry. ; )
So, the next time you're having an awful day, go home and saute some onions. It will make you feel better, guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment