Saturday, January 29, 2011

Some fantastically yummy pizza!!


I have to admit, I've never been much of one for homemade pizza. I think part of that is that I'm a hamburger bacon pizza kinda girl, and that's really hard to replicate at home. Usually, with homemade pizza, the only way to make hamburger pizza is to put ground beef on top. And, really, it just doesn't have the same flavor as the good 'ol hut. And then, I broadened my horizons a little bit. Who says it always has to be typical toppings? I started experimenting with things like ricotta and chicken, sundried tomato basil, and things of that nature. Mmm, suddenly homemade pizza is a lot more appealing.


This is, by far, my favorite combination yet. Fresh mozzarella, sundried tomatoes, basil pesto, and fiesta blend cheese. Simple, unique, and so very tasty. Hubby loves this one too, even though there's no meat! So it's a win, all around.




Tasty Homemade Pizza : )

One homemade pizza crust (I use The Pioneer Woman's pizza dough recipe- very simple and tasty, plus you can make it days ahead of time! Nice.)
Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
Basil Pesto
Sundried Tomatoes (I like the packed in olive oil kind)
Pizza Sauce
Fiesta Blend Cheese

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Spread your pizza crust out over your favorite pizza pan (I like using a pizza stone.) Dot the crust lightly with basil pesto, and spread evenly. Next, spread with pizza sauce. Sprinkle with just a little bit of the fiesta cheese. Evenly cover the pizza with torn chunks of fresh mozzarella. Don't make these pieces too big, or crowd them too close, or you will end up with soggy pizza crust. But don't skimp yourself either! ; ) Next, sprinkle with sliced sundried tomatoes, then top with another layer of fiesta cheese. Mmm...pop it in the oven for 15ish minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment