Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pruney

I rejoiced mightily today to have my plumbing back in commission! I celebrated by doing a bunch of three day old dishes. And loads of laundry. Lovely. But then I really celebrated by making this cake-
Grandma Iny's Prune Cake
My four year old niece, Lily, was here and she helped me make the cake. I told her we were making prune cake and she said, "Oh. That's...fun. I was hoping we were going to make a birthday cake!"
But when we tasted it she said, "YUM! This is the best cake EVER! Only it doesn't really taste like cake."
And that pretty much sums it up! It really does taste more like a coffeecake or breakfast bread, but it was very moist and delicious! I had some leftover Maple Cream Sauce from the Peach Crisp I made for Sunday lunch, so instead of making the frosting I just topped it with that. I think maybe the frosting would have added an extra sweetness boost that would make it better for a dessert, but the cream sauce is good for a breakfast or late night snack when you don't need so much sweetness. All in all a pretty good recipe!

Doesn't that just look so creamy and delicious??


The finished product- yum!

My little baker girl : )

No comments:

Post a Comment