Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Vanilla Sugar Sweet Buns




Yep. That's my new pet name for the hubby. Inspired, of course, by this lovely recipe:

http://www.thekneadforbread.com/2008/04/12/vanilla-sugar-sweet-buns/
(The picture is also from this blog)

Vanilla beans are used to make the vanilla sugar, but they're kind of on the pricey side, so instead I used Demerara Cane Sugar (a natural, coarse cane sugar with a bolder, richer flavor than regular refined sugar) and soaked it in 2 tbs. of Watkins Double Strength Vanilla for a little bit. Turned out quite yummy. I think next time (and there will be a next time!) I will even sprinkle some over the top for a nice crunch. My brothers were here visiting when I finished baking these last night, and sadly I only have two left of twenty-four.
Guess I'll just have to make them again...

No comments:

Post a Comment