Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Knoxie Turns One!


Our little baby nephew turned one on the ninth. I can hardly believe it! Just yesterday...


I made him monkey cookies and little K N O X cookies.






My first real cookie decorating. I had a blast. Took me a few hours, but still. My sister also made him a cake. We gave him a piece of it and just let him go crazy.


At first he didn't really know what to think of it.


But then he tasted it.



I've never seen cake disappear so fast.



And he was serious about it too. Both fists were full at every moment and he was not to be distracted.


Grandpa came and asked him if he could have a bite. Pa Pa is one of Knox's favorite people. But birthday cake just isn't negotiable.



Attack that cake!


I love this shot : )


All gone already?


Then he got his cookie.


He liked that too. : )

Sugar coma!



Here is the recipe I used for the cookies. And here is the inspiration for the monkeys. : )

2 comments:

  1. You have got one happy camper!! GREAT job on your first time... really, it has taken me YEARS to get comfortable decorating, and here you go and do it once and its great. ROCK STAR!!

    Be blessed sweety!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you! It's so fun to get a comment from the inspiration! : )

    ReplyDelete