Friday, October 30, 2009

A beautiful book.

Tomorrow is my birthday. My parents gave me a present today when I was home. My dad was so excited to give it to me, and rightly so. : ) It was this beautiful, classic, priceless addition to my cookbook collection. (I try to collect a cookbook from every interesting region I visit...)

It's so pretty.



I love the pattern on the dust cover and the hardback.





They're just so...classy. It makes me feel like some sort of chef just owning this famous book! Quite deceiving. ; )


I spent a good two hours just thumbing through it this evening. I love all the detailed instructions and tips it has! So handy.





I found so many interesting new things to try. With so many names! I will never be able to say any of them. : )


I did recognize a few of the names...




I've always wanted to try making lamb. Now I have a full blown guide to it! I just have to find some lamb...more challenging then you might think in small town Kansas.



And the desserts! Yum yum yum.



Anything with "flambee" in the title has to be good, right?



1 comment:

  1. I have that cookbook too--and it is for sure one that could be on display. Let me know if you try any recipes from it--I haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete