Saturday, October 3, 2009

Pepperoni anyone?

There is one thing that proves to me that I can never be considered a food snob. Oh, I love my fancy cheeses, exotic ingredients, new recipes. But it's my addiction to a certain frozen food product that keeps me bound to the snob-less level forever.

Totino's Crisp Crust frozen pepperoni pizza.


Oh my. During my college years, I would buy three or four of these and have one for lunch about once a week. It would be the highlight of my day.


I would spend all morning at class, walk the long walk back home, then stick my pizza in the oven for 12-15 minutes at 450 (right on the rack, of course), grab an ice cold (and when I say ice cold, I mean packed full of ice, barely room for the pop ice cold...) cup of Dr Pepper, and go up to my room and watch the most recent episode of my favorite tv show on my computer. Of course, after that blissful half an hour I would have to buckle back down to the grind of homework. Oh how I always looked forward to my pizza lunch.

But just look at it!!


There's just something so perfectly delicious about that $1.25 pizza. The crust is so perfectly crispy, the sauce is an expertly balanced blend of spice and sweetness, the cheese gets all melty and slightly crisp, and those little squares of pepperoni...aaah.


Hm, I think I'm going to have to go to the store...Totino is calling.

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!! When I was in college (a gazillion years ago) Pepperidge Farm did a french bread pizza that I lived on. I must say that the Totino's one looks really good too!

    (I came over from Tasty Kitchen)

    ReplyDelete
  2. : ) Those addictions just never quite disappear, huh?

    ReplyDelete