Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Back to the Pumpkins!


The Buckskin!
This beauty was brilliantly bright orange inside.


And very stringy.


The oblong shape made for some interesting wedges, but I sliced it all up and roasted it.


I could tell that the pumpkin would be nice and sweet because these little beads of syrupy liquid kept oozing out of the flesh. Very pretty.



After I roasted it I pureed it in my blender and froze it.

Later I made a pumpkin pie with it (remember, this was the pumpkin that is used to make pumpkin pie filling.)

I used this recipe (without the cognac, and with a different crust recipe) and I was very happy with how it turned out. It was a very deep dish pie, as the recipe made lots of filling. The pumpkin flavor wasn't as intense as it is in canned filling, and the texture wasn't quite as thick, but over all it was very good.


I also roasted up some acorn squash. Love that stuff. It's so naturally sweet and delicious! All I did was half it, throw a slab of butter in the cavity, then sprinkle it with brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Then I roasted it in the oven until soft. Yum yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment