Sunday, October 17, 2010

Chocolate Adventure Contest!

So guess what! I found a contest that I really want to enter. It's called the Scharffen Berger Chocolate Adventure Contest. The theme is cupcakes. You have to create a cupcake recipe using Scharffen Berger chocolate and one of fourteen "adventure ingredients." This year's ingredients are:

  • Stout beer
    (including oatmeal, chocolate, imperial or any other stout)
  • Ricotta
  • Buttermilk
  • Coconut milk, cream or butter
  • Saffron
  • Molasses
  • Adzuki Bean
  • Fresh beet
  • Sweetened condensed milk
  • Chili pepper (fresh or
    whole dried)
  • Bee pollen
  • Meyer lemon
  • Almond flour
  • Sumatra coffee beans
Each person is allowed ten entries, and we have until January 2nd. I'm so excited! I think it will be really fun to try to come up with something different. I think for my first entry I'll keep it simple and do a Deep Dark Chocolate Buttermilk Cupcake with Chocolate Mousse Filling and Sour Cream Frosting. I have a cake that I've already made like that, so I think I'll just tweak it a bit and add Buttermilk for the adventure ingredient. Does that sound good? I also think Ricotta sounds like a good ingredient. And sweetened condensed milk. The others are a bit daunting...but who knows, maybe I'll find something fun to try!
I don't know how soon I'll get started on this, but I'll definitely post each entry! And if I don't say anything more about it, be sure to bug me!

No comments:

Post a Comment