Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Yums...I mean yams.


Have I mentioned before that sweet potatoes are pretty much my most favorite vegetable ever? Yeah. They’re good. And they’re so good for you! Seriously. They’re packed with vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants. And they taste soo good. How can you not like sweet potatoes? Anyway. I like to try to come up with new ways to eat this fantastic veggie, but sometimes the simplest ways are the best.
(I should warn you. I am a avid adherent to the dump’n’taste method. So, as in so many of my dishes, I didn’t measure anything. I just dumped it in til it looked right-and tasted right. I also only did this with two potatoes. So I’m totally estimating on measurements…feel free to alter to taste!)



Creamy Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Serves 6-8
6 large Sweet Potatoes
1 to 1 ½ cups Brown Sugar
½ cup of Heavy Cream
1 stick of Butter
1 tsp. Cinnamon
Dash of salt
Boil peeled and quartered potatoes until tender (they should be break-when-stuck-with-a-fork-tender.) Drain the water and roughly mash the soft potatoes. Add butter, cream, brown sugar, cinnamon, and dash of salt. Continue to mash until the potatoes are a nice, creamy consistency. TASTE them. Make sure everything is proportioned correctly. Add sugar, butter, cinnamon, whatever. Die of the deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment